Are you looking for ideas to incorporate more writing in your classroom? I know that writing can be one of the hardest subjects to instruct– especially when you have students who are less than enthusiastic about it. Here are a few of my favorite ideas to make writing more hands-on and exciting for your kids!
Host a Class Blog
Try giving your students a class blog. They love using computers, and it encourages them to write– not to mention helps them become more independent and excited to write! There are tons of free blogging platforms out there. Try one like Fanschool which allows you moderate the content.
Whole Class Journals
If you are looking for more hands-on writing practice, you may want to try “Whole Class Journals”. These are notebooks with one theme, like: Puppies. So everyone can choose to write in that specific journal whenever they feel like it– they just have to put their name/date at the top of their page– and make sure they return the journal– and make sure they stay on topic.
Directions are easy:
- Purchase a set of cheap notebooks (Back to school sales are great for this! You can also cut composition notebooks in half and use those.)
- Download the journal prompts/covers from TPT
- Print the covers/subjects you want to use
- Glue onto the front of the notebooks or composition journals OR print them onto half sheet label pages and simply peel & stick.
- Find a tub or bin to store the notebooks for easy class access.
I always look forward to seeing what my kids come up with– I think they will enjoy reading them as a class! Click HERE or below to download the journal covers!
Pin the image below to save this idea for late!
Have a great day!