Looking for an easy way to celebrate reading? I use a “Reading Raffle” in my room! Here is how it works:
1. Print off the Reading Raffle FREEBIE from my tpt store. Choose which style of slip you like most and copy using bright/colorful paper (I love using Astrobrights!)
2. Find a box, bucket, or container and attach a “Reading Raffle” label
3. Decide on the rules to enter your raffle. Here are some ideas: Turning in a nightly reading log; Finishing a chapter or picture book; Passing an AR quiz; Passing a Reading Counts quiz; Answering questions correctly during Reading class (there are many possibilities– you just need to decide what’s going to work best for you and your students)
4. Decide how often you will hold the raffle (and how many names you will draw). I have mine every Friday afternoon– the kids ask all day long because they are looking forward to it!
5. Lastly, decide what to use as a prize. Some teachers collect odds and ends from home (like old toys, books, etc.) to give away. Maybe you let the reader choose a $1 Scholastic book? I let my students choose a prize from our Dojo Rewards. Here is a post I wrote about some reward ideas– feel free to browse!
I hope this helps to stir up some reading excitement in your classroom– I know it’s been great in mine! Have a fabulous day!