Date Night Jar (plus free printables!)
My husband and I are the type of people who get stuck in a rut (and we’re usually ok with that)– but I decided I wanted to make something that would encourage us to do something new! Thus– our “date night” jar.
Here are the materials you need to make your own “date night” jar:
- Jar (you can also use a jar with a lid or a vase– really anything you want to be your date idea holder)
- Spray paint– 1 color (and 3 different colors of acrylic paint)
- Twine (or ribbon)
- Date ideas (these are easy once you start to make a list)
- Popsicle sticks (or long slips of paper)
- Sharpie or paint pen
- FREE date night printables
Sorry there are so many “or” options! This is such a great idea because you can really tailor it to fit your personal style and needs!
So let’s make it!
1. Take your jar (or vase) and paint it the color of your choice. I took an old mason jar (bought at a thrift store for like $0.50 and spray painted it a matte pink:
2. Choose a color scheme for you popsicle sticks. You can paint the entire stick– you can paint only the tips (which is what I did)– or you can even dye sticks! The options are endless. I decided to use purple, blue, and green acrylic paint. Choose 1 color to be cheap or at-home dates. Choose the other colors to represent slightly more pricey and expensive/dates that take planning.
3. Download a free copy of the “date jar” printables— print and cut out your favorite. I’ve also included 3 lists of date ideas and a blank page to write down your favorites!
4. Once your sticks are dry you can use a Sharpie or paint pen to write down your date ideas.
5. Finish your jar by using twine or ribbon and attaching the “date night” logo.
6. Color in your pricing guide and adhere to the jar (I used tape– you could also Mod Podge or hot glue)
7. Put sticks in the jar and you are ready to go!
Hope this inspires you and your significant other to have a new perspective on boring, old date night! Enjoy!
Also, if you’d like some more ideas check out my post below: