Hello everyone! I know I’m not the most consistent blogger– so thank you for sticking with me! Today I’m going to share a fun DIY I found on Pinterest: Scratch-Off Reward Cards!
The steps were very simple– and they worked wonderfully! Here is the supply list:
- Laminated reward cards
- Dawn dish soap
- Acrylic paint (silver or whatever color you prefer)
- Paintbrush or Qtips
- TBSP (measuring spoon)
- Small cup for mixing
Here we go!
1. Make or print some scratch-off reward cards! I preferred printing mine on cardstock so they weren’t see through. I have some FREEBIES you can print off or you can visit my TPT store for the full product (which includes 63 different reward cards, a black & white version, and an editable version to create your own)
2. Laminate your cards and cut them out.
3. Mix up your “scratcher” paint. Mix 1 part soap to 2 parts paint. I used a ziplock small storage cup so I could put the lid on and keep the paint from drying. I also used 2 TBSP soap and 4 TBSP paint– but I had WAY too much left over. I think less is more 🙂
4. Use a paintbrush to paint a layer over your cards.
5. Wait for the layer to dry.
6. Paint another layer.
7. Wait for the layer to dry.
8. Paint another layer. Repeat until you can’t see the reward anymore. Mine took 3 layers because I applied the paint pretty thickly.
9. Save your cards and decide how you want to give them away!
I’m so excited to use these next year– and I hope you are too! Thanks for stopping by and be sure you’re following me on Bloglovin’ for more posts and freebies! Have a blessed week!